This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Pink Network Admin 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

It is very common to hear a lot of aspiring entrepreneurs and even those already in business make statements like; β€œI would have started or expanded my business but I do not have sufficient capital”.

However, I have come to understand that there are more salient issues that need to be dealt with beyond capital raising or access to funds. These issues are:

• The target market – who are they? How do you want to access them? What other options do they have?
    • How does technology affect the business?
    • What is the impact of social media on the business and the target market?
    • What regulations and/or policies affect the business segment/industry?
    • What raw materials are required? How will these materials be accessed?
    • Taxes and levies – what impact do they have on the business? Where and how can you get tax exemptions?
    • What Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) do you need to run the business?
    • What role do you want to play in the business – Administrator? Visioner? Etc.
    • Are there existing partnerships that you can leverage on?
    • What are the likely changes to the business in the next 2, 3 and 5 years? What will drive these changes? – Technology, Government regulation, changes in consumer lifestyles and/or age profiles, etc.
    • What resources do I need? – Human, technology, communication, etc.

Author: TEMITAYO OLUTOYE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. - Sign up/Login Here